The peak of summer with activities in Malta in August 2019.
Discotheques, festival and concerts are at their best.
The weather is always very gorgeous, and plenty of events take advantage of it.
It is the month of festivals with the Delicata Wine Festival in Valletta and Gozo. The Marsovin Grape Harvest Feast is celebrated at their vineyards at Marnisi Marsaxlokk.
It is just the beginning of a month full of activities. Numerous feasts celebrated to the villages saint during this month with spectacular fireworks, colourful decoration band marches with the participation of most of the village people.
The summer carnival with a colourful parade
Malta Village Feasts in August:
- Our Lady of Pompei, Marsaxlokk | St. Peter in Chains, Birzebbuga | Our Lady of Lourdes, San Gwann | St. Joseph, Qala Gozo | St. Dominic, Valletta |
- Christ Our Saviour, Hal Lija
- St. Laurence, Birgu (Vittoriosa)
- St. Laurence, San Lawrenz, Gozo | San Gaetan, Hamrun
- The Assumption of Our Lady: Mqabba | Qrendi | Mosta | Gudja | Attard | Ghaxaq | Victoria, Gozo | Birkirkara | Hal-Muxi Zebbug
- The Assumption of Our Lady, Comino | Our Lady Star of the Sea, Stella Maris Parish, Sliema | Assumption of Our Lady, Mgarr | The Assumption of Our Lady, Dingli | Our Lady of Lourdes, Paola | St. Helen of Constantinople, Birkirkara
- St. Pius X, Santa Lucija
- St. Bartholomew, Gharghur | St. Joseph, Manikata | Maria Regina, Marsa | Conversion of St. Paul, Hal Safi | St. Julian, St. Julian’s | St. Dominic, Birgu (Vittoriosa) | St. Leonard, Kirkop | The Assumption of Our Lady, Zebbug, Gozo
Malta’s greatest wine event of the year is back !
As always, it takes place over four nights at the Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta, from the 8th to the 11th August 2019, every evening from 7pm till midnight.
Whilst entrance to the Festival will be free, strictly no wine will be served to anyone under 17 and patrons are reminded to enjoy responsibly. Wine glasses and purses are sold until 11pm, wine is poured up to 11.30pm and the festival will close at midnight. A coin system will once again be adopted whereby patrons will be able to purchase a purse of wine coins redeemable for their wines of choice.
Eco Market Malta V2
The second Eco Market Malta will be held at The Independence Gardens in Sliema on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 June! The Eco Market presents you with a carefully curated event focused on all things good for people and planet. We are a community of change-makers who aspire to make ethical consumption the norm and present a purposeful shopping experience in Malta! Visit the Eco Market and discover handmade crafts, fashion items, beauty products and many other Eco-friendly products by responsible and ethical businesses, including the best guilt-free food delicacies on the island. Several activities will be held at the Eco Market throughout both days. There will be interesting talks by industry experts, workshops for kids and for adults and info booths from local NGOs, Social Enterprises and Voluntary Organisations.
A schedule of activities will be issued in the coming weeks. Our purpose is to inspire and facilitate an easy and joyful shift towards an environmentally-friendly way of living, by creating a convenient place to find and discover Eco-friendly products and connect with others who are already making a positive impact. The event is free entrance to the public and is intended for people of all ages of any nationality and from different walks of life. Kindly note: The market operates on a 100% ban on single use plastics. The Eco Market is held every month in different locations. If you would like to be notified please register to our mailing list from our website www.ecomarketmalta.com