The aim of the course is to help participants prepare for their IELTS exam.
- 7.5 hours of lessons per week
- Courses start every Monday
- Class size – 8 students per class (maximum 12)
- Minimum course duration – 1 week
- Minimum age – 16 years
- Course levels offered – Intermediate to Advanced
- Lessons may be held in the morning, afternoon or evening
Prior to starting the course, the best way of getting an understanding of your current level is by asking you to complete a sample IELTS practice test done under exam conditions. This will enable Clubclass to check that you are the right level to take this course.
What will you learn during the course?
During our IELTS Training Course you will:
- learn about the different exam sections found in the IELTS Test reading/writing/listening & speaking
- learn how to speak accurately and coherently
- learn how to write coherently and cohesively
- learn to use basic sentence structure rules
- learn how to improve your grammatical accuracy and range
- learn how to enhance your vocabulary range
- learn fundamental reading and listening skills such as skimming and scanning
- practise the specific types of questions found in the IELTS Academic/General Exam
- learn about the assessment criteria
- be told what to expect on test day
By the end of the course you should be better able to:
- recognize their true level in speaking, reading, listening and writing –
- recognize and overcome challenges presented in the IELTS test
- write different general essay
- evaluate and self- correct their speaking
- be prepared for the mechanics of the IELTS examination (time, order, format)
- skim, scan and focus on target material in Academic/General reading passages
- demonstrate enhanced vocabulary in writing and speaking
- formulate, express and defend opinions using appropriate vocabulary during speaking activities
- demonstrate improved listening skills for comprehension and details
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO JOIN OUR ONLINE LESSONS?
We use Microsoft Teams to bring you into your virtual class. We recommend that you use a PC/laptop/tablet/smart phone with a microphone and camera and have a good internet connection.
|9.00 – 9.45||Reading e.g. reading & understanding short informative texts for information||Writing e.g generating ideas for writing task||l reading e.g identifying the writer’s views or claims of a text||Vocabulary e.g. categorizing words||listening e.g. note–taking|
|1000 – 10.45||
Building Vocabulary e.g. becoming familiar with vocabulary to give opinions when speaking
Writing e.g creating and evaluating a plan for writing a letter requesting information
|Grammar e.g. using verb-noun collocations||Practice listening|
For more information contact [email protected]