Entry visa information


Malta is a member of the Schengen Area and this means that nationals of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom do not require an entry visa to come to Malta.

Third country nationals (i.e. nationals of all other countries) need to be in possession of a valid Schengen visa for the whole duration of their stay or need to apply for a Schengen visa to come to Malta. Schengen visa applications must be filed at the diplomatic mission of the country which is the main destination of the visit. Therefore, applicants wishing to visit Malta as the main destination, or the country of first entry into the Schengen area, must file their applications at Malta’s diplomatic missions or its representations. If there is no embassy of Malta in the applicant’s country/region, Malta is represented either by the Austrian or Italian embassy.

Third country nationals who require a visa for Malta can opt for a student visa or a Schengen visa. The difference is that a standard student visa (non-Schengen) is valid for travel to Malta only and a Schengen visa is valid for travel within the whole Schengen zone (28 countries including 25 EU states). A standard student visa (non-Schengen) can be extended without the need to leave the country. The Schengen visa is not extendable at all.

Applicants need to provide the following documentation:
Requirements may vary from one embassy to another and therefore applicants are advised to check the exact requirements with the respective embassy where there plan to apply for their Schengen visa. In the case where an embassy requires original documents from Clubclass, these may be sent by courier at a charge of €60.

Visa requirements and regulations may change from time to time. For the most recent information, applicants are advised to visit the official website of the Malta Ministry of Foreign Affairs at http://www.foreign.gov.mt/default.aspx?MLEV=53&MDIS=523

Clubclass provides visa assistance to students at no charge. All the school documents needed to apply for the visa will be sent upon receipt of the full payment.

If an entry visa is not granted and the School is informed 8 days or more before the enrolment start date, a full refund, less the registration fee, bank charges and courier fees (if applicable), will be sent to the student. If the School is informed 7 days or less before the enrolment start date, a cancellation fee, equivalent to the cost of one week (course, accommodation, registration fee, airport transfers, etc) bank charges and courier fees (if applicable), will be charged. In both cases, evidence of visa refusal is to be sent to the School.

  • The completed visa application form and respective fee
  • A valid travel document – passport and a copy of the main page of the passport
  • Two (2) passport-size photographs
  • A valid return ticket or a certificate of a reserved and prepaid journey
  • Cash in convertible currency, traveller’s cheques, cheque books for a foreign currency account, credit cards or any other means that guarantees funds in hard currency (approximately €30 / day)
  • A letter of acceptance from Clubclass indicating personal and passport details of the applicant, entitlement to admission, duration of the stay, duration of the course, cost and whether the fee of the course has been paid or not
  • Confirmation of accommodation where applicant will be residing
  • A valid individual medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment. The insurance must be valid throughout the Schengen Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s stay. The minimum coverage is of €30,000.
  • Confirmation of payment made


Students from the EU or EEA can come to the UK without a Visa. Non-EU students or Non-Visa nationals need to apply for a General Student Visa (Tier 4), Student Visitor Visa or Extended Student Visitor Visa. Visa nationals can obtain a Tourist Visa at the port of entry, however, this is not suitable for studying; a Student Visitor Visa is necessary in this case.

Please click here for detailed information regarding visas.

  • This visa is suitable for students who are 18 years and older
  • It is suitable for students who wish to study for a maximum of 6 months
  • There is no minimum level requirement to apply for this level
  • To apply for this Visa, you will need a Letter of Acceptance from Clubclass. In order to obtain this letter, students must send a scanned copy of their passport and pay their fees in full
  • This Visa cannot be renewed in the UK.
The same rules apply as for the SVV except that this Visa is available to students who wish to study for a maximum of 11 months.
  • This Visa is available to students who wish to study for up to 3 years below degree level.
  • It is suitable for students who wish to study for 6 months or longer, although it is possible to apply for a Tier 4 Visa for less than 6 months.
  • To obtain this Visa, students must apply for a Certificate of Acceptance from Clubclass. A CAS will be issued under if the following are provided:
  1. Scanned copy of passport
  2. Evidence of their level of English; a minimum level of CEFR B1 or above is accepted. Please find a list of all possible Secure English Language Tests which are accepted by the UKBA:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf
  3. Evidence of maintenance funds for the duration of the stay
  4. Pay the fees in full
  • Attendance must be 85% or above otherwise the school will report the student to the UK Border Agency in accordance with the Tier 4 regulations.