Our students love visiting Popeye Village as it is filled with a number of fun activities for all to do.
At Clubclass our students enjoy a full programme of leisure activities, one of them being a visit to Popeye’s Village in Mellieha. Popeye Village Malta has grown from its days as a film set of the 1980 Musical Production ‘Popeye’ into a major tourist attraction.
Popeye Village, also known as Sweethaven Village, is a purpose-built film set village, now converted into a small attraction fun park, consisting of a collection of rustic and ramshackle wooden buildings. It is located at Anchor Bay, 3 kilometres (2 miles) from the village core of Mellieħa, Malta.
It was built as a film set for the production of the 1980 live-action musical feature film Popeye, produced by Paramount Pictures and Walt Disney Productions starring Robin Williams. Today it is open to the public as an open-air museum and sea-side resort.
• Entrance to Popeye Film Set
• Use of Water Games, Trampolines and Slides
• Use of Splash Pool
• Use of Play Pool
• Use of Sun Beds, Sun Umbrellas and Showers
• A variety of Animation Shows
• Access to Popeye Comic Museum
• 15 minutes Boat trip around Anchor Bay (Weather permitting)
• Entrance to the Cinema (for a 15 minute Documentary of the Film Set)
• Silver Smith Demonstrations
• Use of Nine-Hole Mini-Golf course
• Free Postcard